Who we are & How to Contact Us
We are Bottom Up Blinds Ltd (referred to as “we” and “us” throughout this page). We are a limited company No 04030377.
Our website address is https://www.bottomupblinds.co.uk.
Bottom Blinds Ltd has a designated Data Protection Officer who can be contacted in any of the following ways:
- Send us a message using our contact page.
- Call us on 0800 3811378.
- Email us at [email protected]
- Write to us at our registered office address which is Oxford House, 15-17 Mount Ephraim Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 1EN.
What to do if you have a concern
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us first using one the methods above.
Please try to resolve any issues you have with us first. If you are unhappy with the way we have dealt with your concern you can submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Legal reasons for collecting Data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which was introduced into UK law by the Data Protection Act 2018, companies are allowed to collect data for various reasons. We collect your data:
- To fulfil our contractual obligations with you such as your address details to deliver our products and your email address or phone number to notify you of deliveries.
- For legal compliance in cases that involve fraud or criminal activity.
- for a legitimate interest such as direct marketing to you about products we think may be of interest to you providing you are not opted out for this purpose.
What personal data we collect
What is Personal Data
Personal data is defined as ‘any information relating to an identified or identifiable living individual’. This will include facts and opinions about that person and any other information that we use to form an opinion or judgement about them. For example your name, address and telephone number are your personal data as they are facts about you as a person, as are notes made about you. Your blind measurements are not your personal data as they are facts about your blinds, not about you, and we do not use them to form an opinion about you.
Data We Collect
This includes your name, postal address, email address and telephone number/s.
This includes details of anything you have purchased from us including the date, the product, the price and how you paid for it and where it was delivered to.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When you send any information to us using a contact form we store this data including your name, email address and the contact query you sent.
When you come to our web site you will need to opt in to us using cookies in order for you to carry on. Cookies may collect information about the device you used to access our website. This includes details about the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers of your system. It might also include the geo-location of where you accessed our website from and your browsing behaviour such as which website you came from or leave to or which adverts you clicked on.
When you create an account with us to purchase goods you will save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you access your account.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish comments about our products an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the comment you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Social Media & Competitions
When you contact us though social medial platforms we will collect the data you provided to contact us. This may include you personal social media information.
If you have entered a competition or joined a promotion we will collect data about any discounts you received or prizes you have won including any responses or information you have provided to participate.
Why we collect your data
We use your personal data for a number of reasons in order to give you the best possible shopping experience and to give us a real understanding of our customers so we can provide the best possible service.
Some for the reasons we collect your data are as follows:
- To manage and improve our own business. If we noticed for example that our customers don’t buy a certain product or don’t have certain measurements we might use this data to streamline the services we offer.
- To analyse our customers by demographics to improve our products and target audience campaigns.
- To comply with our contractual obligations such as delivering your products and documents like receipts/invoices or providing you with a replacement product if we are staffed that a product is faulty and within the terms of its warranty.
- To personalise your shopping experience and provide you with offers and promotions that might be tailored to you as an individual customer. This might include for example certain fabrics that are on promotion.
- For market research purposes or if we contact you asking to leave a review or comment about your experience as a customer.
- To comply with our legal obligations such as notifying you about product recalls or information/notices we are required by law to tell you about.
- To protect you against criminal activity such as fraud or to comply with our legal obligations if required to provide information to law enforcement agencies or the courts.
Who we share your data with
We will share your personal information internally within Bottom Up Blinds Ltd and may share your personal information with some of the third parties set out below:
- Delivery/courier companies who deliver or collect your products.
- Financial transactions with our banks and payment gateway providers that need to process your payment details or deal with queries.
- Law enforcement agencies that we are legally obliged to provide your details to.
- Our insurers and professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice.
- Our accounting and legal advisors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of preparing our business documents and obtaining professional advice.
- HMRC and other government bodies that require us to provide information about our business.
- Our service providers such as our website hosting providers or social media platform providers.
- Our suppliers or subcontractors in order to provide you with the services you have requested from us.
- Any organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you to. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal data can use your personal data in the same way as us.
When we collect your data and how long we retain your data
We collect your data whenever you engage with us by phone, email, SMS or use/browse our website.
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes that it was initially collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be securely deleted or anonymised.
When you call our contact centre we may record the conversation, if we do this will be held for a maximum of 12 months unless the call is required for the resolution of an ongoing dispute.
If you place an order with us we have to retain the details of the order, including your personal data, for 10 years to comply with our legal and contractual obligations. If the order included a warranty which was for a longer period than this, and you have registered that warranty with us, we will keep details of the warranty period and any associated personal data for the duration of the warranty period.
How we protect your data
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
Where we engage with third parties to process personal data on our behalf, we do so, on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
What rights you have over your data
Under General Data protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a number of rights. Please read the relevant guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office on their website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/ for a full explanation of these rights.
If you have provided any personal data to us you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You can ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing.
Please contact us using any of the methods above if you wish to obtain copies of the data we hold about you, erase your personal data, amend your personal data, withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data or any other enquires regarding data we hold about you.
Last Updated May 2020